Wintonbury Early Childhood Magnet School is part of the Greater Hartford Regional School Choice Office (RSCO) lottery.
The RSCO lottery application period is closed for the 2022-2023 school year. You can learn more about the lottery process and submit a late lottery application at www.choiceeducation.org or call the RSCO Office at 860-713-6990.
Application Dates (for the 2023-2024 School Year):
On-time: December 5, 2023 through March 15, 2024.
Extended Application Period: April 10, 2024 through August 15, 2024.
Students should reside in one of the following towns (Bloomfield, Hartford, West Hartford, Granby, East Granby, Simsbury and Avon). Residency is verified during the registration process.
An application must be submitted and you must be offered a placement through the Regional School Choice lottery process to register and enroll your child.
Student should be eligible for PK3 or PK4 based on their birth date (see below).
For students applying to grades PK3 and PK4 for the 2023-2024 school year: (This is subject to change based on recent State of Connecticut changes in school entry date.)
PK3 (Pre-kindergarten, age 3): Child born on or before September 1, 2020
PK4 (Pre-kindergarten, age 4):
Child born on or before September 1, 2019
*It is important to select the accurate grade when you are completing your application with RSCO. The grade you select will be the students entry grade if offered a placement.*
*Students attend for two consecutive years when starting as a PK3 and one year when starting as a PK4.*
We are a school for young children serving preschool students in multi-age classrooms. Our entire student body is preschool, allowing us to intentionally focus on this special time in your child's development!
Application Hints (and other tips)!
1. Apply on time.
2. Visit schools & attend events.
3. Know what you are applying to (theme, location, age range).
4. Select Wintonbury :)
5. Wait patiently until April (that is when the first lottery round gets pulled!)
6. Be ready to accept through the RSCO website and be ready to register with the school (this process happens very fast).
7. Have necessary documents ready to go for school registration (your child's birth certificate & current physical, proof of residency).
8. Think ahead....begin to figure out your plans for transportation, child care for non-school hours, and people who can be your child's emergency contacts.
9. Be ready to share with the school important information such as allergies, medical conditions, 504, IEP, Birth to Three, or changes in your families status such as a move or other event.